Skip to main content

Huh. You're still here? Cool.


      So hey.  I did that thing. 

You know. THAT thing.  The thing I specifically and emphatically said I was never going to do because I’m through with that thing.  The thing I’m talking about was my promise to maintain a steady posting schedule on my blog and not go buy the proverbial cigarettes at the gas station after telling you that I’d be right back (sorry/not sorry).  Remember?  Well, I remember.  Pepperidge Farms remembers too, which fucking terrifies me.  They have people everywhere.  I mean, have you ever NOT seen their products in a store. 

The reason for the radio silence?  Well…I moved.  Bigly moved.  My wife and I jumped about 6 states to the west and now we live in Northern California. 

Now I shall do this: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH THIS IS CRAZY WHAT THE HELL ARE WE DOING? 

Actually, the reason we did this was for a severe change.  I’ve been sweet on California for a while what with its creative forces abounding throughout, but it always seemed like a non-feasible move.  That is, until my wife and I in tandem said eff it, bloated our debt a little bit, and moved to an apartment in the valley where a healthy colony of mold perpetually exists in the windows no matter how many times I bleach and/or yell at it.  So here we are.  My wife found a job first a few months back, and I started my new job a few weeks ago.  It’s on the uppity up, as is said in some circles.  Frankly, I loathe circles, but I’m trying to grow as a human being. 

So the move and job searches have soaked up a lot of my time recently, but I’m starting to find pockets of time to write.  I found this quaint comic shop in the city that hosts writing spaces every Thursday and it’s been such a great boon to my writing productivity.  Also, to fill some of my spare time with productive work, I’ve been taking free online classes in fiction writing and comedy in order to remove a lot of rust.  The big thing right now for me is to re-establish writing as a daily component of my life.

My only static goal this year is to start working on my debut novel and have the 1st draft done by…..let’s say the end of the year.  I also plan on dabbling into podcasting potentially, but that’s going to require an investment that is not in this realm of possibility at this time.  Or I might do a separate blog that’s more focused on a series of subjects that require research.  My renewed love of research was prompted by my favorite podcast, The Last Podcast on the Left.  I forgot how much I love the act of diving into a new subject and really getting lost in its sprawling landscape.  It’s positively overwhelming when you rediscover a passion of yours.  It’s good for the soul.

So be on the lookout for more smatterings of words and barely substantial ideas from me.  On the horizon will be another blog hop entry from me focusing on different adaptations of a story.  In this case, I’ll be focusing on a certain video game franchise and its movie adaptation.  It’s a doozy, so I’m planning on devoting a sizable chunk of focus and time on this.  I’m looking forward to it. But, ya know, you can be excited too if you want to.

 No, I will not pay you.

Hugs and Kisses (The Hershey kind you perv),

Morgan Cain

Download this episode (right click and save)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Blog Hop 2018: Under a Binge

I don’t like binge watching shows.   I also loathe the culture that surrounds it. The adulthood expectations of my boring life influence this opinion heavily, but there’s also the thought of having to drop everything and spend 10-12 hours watching something in a misguided attempt at keeping your finger on the pulse of what Twitter has decided is “in” that makes me want to yell at kids to get off my lawn in random places that just so happen to NOT be my yard.   But there is a show where I have relented, hanging my head as my pride deflates and I feebly gesture to your TV and Roku stick.   Also, I’m sure you have questions as to why I’m sitting in your living room at 2am in the morning, but there are bigger things to discuss here.           When I found out the next blog hop was going to focus on binging, my mind went to one of my favorite shows in the last five years:   Netflix’s American Vandal.   So as someone converted to the binging religion for one show, I guess it’s now

Blog Hop: Bring Back That Loving Feeling

(At least once a year, I participate in a blog hop with several talented authors.  This time we focused on a series that we loved in the beginning, then disappointed us, but then redeemed itself in our eyes.  Sorry, no writing excercises this time) When I was told the theme of this year's blog hop, there was no hesitation on what subject I wanted to pull the trigger on.  Back in the early 2000s, the Playstation 2 was a must have for anyone who was all about the button mashing.  After buying one, I encountered a game unlike any other that eventually become a benchmark and influential power for video games for years.  This game was Devil May Cry. In the game, you played a silver haired demon hunter named Dante who's soul purpose was to eviscerate and obliterate demonic enemies in highly stylish ways.  It was a highly kinetic action game that was a complete overload of everything a hormone and anxiety riddled teenage boy imbibed for spiritual sustenance.  But I can't fully